DO YOU KNOW THAT …
- 70% of managers don’t think mental illness is a good enough reason to be off work
- two-third of business managers do not think stress or depression is a strong reason for employees to be off work
- 1 in 4 managers have experienced mental health problems themselves
- only 39% of employees agree that they would admit to suffering from stress or depression
- 46% of employees surveyed thought their employers didn’t take mental health issues seriously
- However, over 50% of employees thought that attitudes towards mental ill health in the workplace have changed for the better in recent times.
NOTE: The best person to take care of you, is you! Give your well-being some attention.
Remember, “a man too busy to take care of his health, is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools” (Spanish proverb).